Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Ok, So That Was...Um...Not Informative At All....

So, I finished Winning By Losing by Jillian Michaels tonight, and all I can say about it is that there is NOTHING in there that I didn't already know. She tells you that you need to watch your caloric intake, to stay moving, to add weights to a weight loss routine. Um, no shit. Part of it may have been that I already know this, part of it may have been that I find it odd that she demonizes the idea of "supplements" and "diet pills," while, since publishing this book, has started selling her own line of "dietary supplements." Also, while I can on a counseling level appreciate her desire to get to the root of your eating behavior, the fact that she gets a little too "armchair therapist" at times kinda put me off. (The fact that I am, in fact, a counselor may have been why this touched a nerve with me. I think Taffy wants to borrow the book, and I would be interested in hearing what she thinks of it.) So, I can't with good conscious say, "Go out and get this book," as most of the information/workout routine/nutritious recipes (most of which include Splenda) are available on just about any fitness website for free.
(And yes, I am aware that I know it all, but seem to be doing nothing with the information. Thanks. :) )
So, I think the next book is going to be Green With Envy by Shira Boss. Taffy went nuts for this book after buying it last week and let me borrow it. I said I wasn't going to read any books that I didn't already own, but at less than 200 pages, I think this may be a short read. Let you all know what I think when I'm done.

No comments: