Saturday, July 31, 2010

Ok, So I Finished Another One

I am KICKING myself for having not read this book sooner. I Am Not Myself These Days: A Memoir by Josh Kilmer-Purcell may become one of my favorite books of all time. Having started reading it in spurts a week ago, I read almost 200 pages today alone, finishing it about 20 minutes ago. Thank you to Drum for letting me keep the book three years ago to read after he moved out. I'll get it back to you...eventually.

Now, a quandary... do I start the Kevin Smith book I've been holding onto forever? Do I try and start Dracula again? Photoshop Elements 6 for Dummies? (Oh, the fun I could have with THAT one....)

What do you think, my fair listeners?

7 comments:

Pat Gaik said...

Dracula! One of my favorite novels ever...not even for the vampires but more for it's epistolary nature. I may have to dig that out again myself.

epilonious said...

Read Josh Kilmer-Purcell's next couple of books: Candy Everybody Wants and The Bucolic Plague.

Especially The Bucolic Plague as it can be a companion guide to the show The Fabulous Beekman Boys on PlanetGreen.

Anonymous said...

I would go with the Kevin Smith book. I am getting ready to start Lips Unsealed by Belinda Carlisle and after that Confessions of a Prairie Bitch by Alison Arngrim. Maybe PiMC needs a book club.

Mollie

Cassie in Em Tee said...

I vote for the Kevin Smith book. He's one of my all time favorites!

Russ said...

The Bucolic Plague is fantastic. And you can cheat and watch the TV version of it on The Fabulous Beekman Boys in repeats all summer on the Planet Green channel!

Drum Riley Calhoun said...

You know, I almost bought this book a couple of weeks ago, thinking it sounded interesting, but there was something bugging me about it, like it was familiar or something! LOL I would actually like to read it again sometime. Oh, and can I borrow the Vanessa Williams CDs that I think I lost in the divorce? =)

Drum Riley Calhoun said...

You know, I almost bought this book the other day, but then I kept thinking it was awfully familiar! LOL I would love to read it again sometime. While we're at it, can I borrow the Vanessa Williams CDs that I lost in the divorce? Troy and I watched Priscilla last nite, and now I am wanting to listed to her music.