Saturday, July 10, 2010

Ok, So Green With Envy

Finished it tonight, whist baking cupcakes...but more on THEM later....

So, I enjoyed the book on some level. There were parts of it (the case studies/interviews with families) that I found fascinating, there were sections (the chapter on Congress and how they have surprisingly limited funds while in office) that were interesting, and there were parts of the book (the facts and figures and statistics) that I had a VERY hard time getting through....Also, I found the last chapter, "Conclusion," where the author tells the reader how to handle debt and envy, a little pretentious and condescending. So, while Taffy said she loved the book, I would probably give it a solid 3 out of 5.

So NOW what am I going to read? I only have a couple of books left in my stack. Both books I've had for at least two years? Kevin's Smith "My Boring Ass Life" looks like a relatively easy read, and Gail Saltz's Becoming Real is a book I've tried reading a couple of times (which may be a sign that it's not supposed to happen). And then there is I Am Not Myself These Days by Josh Kilmer-Purcell. It's an actual fiction book, which I haven't read in a while, and I kinda sorta borrowed this from Drum when he moved out. Three years ago. Ah, what the hell. Drum, you should be getting this back shortly. Maybe. I'm not the quickest reader!

No comments: