Monday, June 21, 2010

Ok, So One More Down.....

This afternoon was a lovely day with Babaloo, catching up on TV, cleaning the house together and at one point, laying on the couch together reading...then maybe napping, then reading again. I was able to finish, after holding onto it forever, When You Are Engulfed In Flames by my all time favorite author, David Sedaris. How'd I like it?

I loved it.

There were some really great stories in this one, and even with the more average stories, I laughed out loud at least once. I found the stories just long enough that you could knock one out in about 10 minutes if you were quick about it, but, like most of Sedaris' pieces, you kinda wanted to savor them. My only "complaint" would be about the last story, The Smoking Section. It took up the last 70+ pages of the book, and when you're used to running sprints and suddenly you have a marathon in front of you, it can be a little exhausting. I had to put the book down a couple of times while reading it, partially because of the length, but also it appeared to be the most convoluted of the stories.

So, what's next on the list of books that I have to read before I'm allowed to buy anymore? Given my newfound interest in all things health, I'm reading Winning By Losing by Jillian Michaels. I used to be a big Biggest Loser fan, and got this book back when I had a little more respect for her and the show (the hawking of her diet pills is kinda a turn off for me). Anyway, I figure I can knock this book out in a couple of days and then start the next book. I'm hoping to learn something from this book and anything I find interesting, I'll let you know!

No comments: