Monday, August 10, 2009

Ok, So Judge Not, Yest Ye Be Judged.....Yeah, Right

So, I was reading fellow podcaster and straight boy I crush on hard Josh Flanagan's blog, and he posted about 50 bands/performers he has seen, and I was wondering how many I've seen. So, I'm going to see if I can get to 50. I am including opening acts (*) here, as he did.

1.)WHAM!
2.)Chaka Kahn*
3.)Katrina and The Waves*
4.)Stevie Nicks
5.)Peter Frampton*
6.)Lionel Richie
7.)Sheila E.*
8.)Tina Turner
9.)Wang Chung*
10.)Huey Lewis And The News
11.)Whitney Houston
12.)Kenny G.*
13.)Madonna
14.)Technotronic*
15.)Janet Jackson
16.)Richard Marx
17.)Wilson Phillips*
18.)10,000 Maniacs
19.)The Wallflowers*
20.)Lisa Loeb
21.)Steve Poltz*
22.)Rufus Wainwright*
23.)Indigo Girls (twice)
24.)The Neville Brothers
25.)Duran Duran
26.) Terrence Trent D'Arby*
27.)Amy Grant
28.)Point of Grace (aka God's Wilson Phillips)*
29.)Michael W. Smith*
30.)George Michael (twice)
31.)Deon Estus*

31 isn't too bad, I guess - I feel like I'm missing a couple though....

4 comments:

Melanie said...

Rush
The Violent Femmes
Cyndi Lauper
Bon Jovi
Level 42*
Billy Idol
The Grateful Dead
Johnny and the Leisure Suits
Moxy Fruvous*
Barenaked Ladies
The Corrs
Bjork
Dave Matthews Band
Will.I.Am*
Think of England
Poe

God, I'm eclectic when it comes to music.

Pat Gaik said...

I have to go the musical theatre route, and I suppose I'd better keep it to people most people have heard of...

Carol Channing
Joel Grey
Sandy Duncan
Adrian Zmed
Tommy Tune
Marilyn Cooper
Barney Martin
Judy Kaye
Craig Bierko
Audra McDonald
Brian Stokes Mitchell
Marin Mazzie
Brent Spiner
Dorothy Loudon
Marie Osmond
Maureen McGovern
Ute Lemper
Ruthie Henshall
Elaine Paige
Betty Buckley
Nathan Lane
Matthew Broderick
Jon Secada
Marcia Lewis
Roger Bart
Nigel Planer
Brent Barrett
George Hearn
Harve Presnell
David Garrison
Brian D'Arcy James
Georgia Engel
Marilyn McCoo
Julie Andrews

Wow....only 34 without getting into people most everyone hasn't heard of (but theatre geeks)...and I bet there are several on this list that many won't know already...

Walt said...

I posted mine over on the Facebooks a little while ago. I stopped at 50 and put them in the order that they came to my mind. Plus, Josh is cute even if he won't do shirtless video podcasts (yes, I emailed him and asked him once.)

1) Tina Turner
2) Reba McEntire
3) The Ramones
4) Cracker
5) John Wesley Harding
6) Bobby Brown
7) Trisha Yearwood
8) Mary Chapin Carpenter
9) The B-52's
10) The Pretenders
11) Sarah McLachlan
12) Me'shell Ndege'ocello
13) Aimee Mann
14) John Mellencamp
15) Robert Palmer
16) Living Colour
17) Pat Benatar
18) Rickie Lee Jones
19) Lyle Lovett
20) Lisa Loeb
21) Christine Lavin
22) Patty Larkin
23) Ben Folds
24) Aztec Camera
25) Edie Brickell & New Bohemians
26) Suzanne Vega
27) Cyndi Lauper
28) Chris Isaak
29) Van Halen
30) Prince
31) Cowboy Junkies
32) Natalie Merchant
33) 10,000 Maniacs
34) Squeeze
35) Jill Sobule
36) Sara Hickman
37) Indigo Girls
38) Steve Miller Band
39) Marc Cohn
40) Bela Fleck & the Flecktones
41) Alison Krauss
42) Alanis Morissette
43) Culture Club
44) The Human League
45) Howard Jones
46) Jack Wagner
47) Debbie Gibson
48) Meat Loaf
49) Danielle Brisbois
50) The JudyBats

brothercasey said...

Hmm.

Elton JOhn
Clay Walker (twice)
Sawyer Brown
Ned Evett (Four times)
Chely Wright
Diamond Rio
Motley Crue (Twice)
Hed PE
Weird Al Yankovic
Trisha Yearwood
Jessica Andrews
Charlie Pride
Alanis Morrissette
Garbage
The Dixie Chicks
THe Warren Brothers
Merle Haggard
Lee Greenwood

I have been to more but I have to go to work. These are in no particular order, except Elton John has been my favorite concert so far.