Saturday, December 13, 2008

Ok, So Um...Jackpot?

Today, Babaloo and I cleaned out the garage (I know - don't you wish you were us?) and I found a box filled with all my cassettes from junior and high school.

Wow.

First of all, I appear to have been obsessed with Gloria Estefan and Miami Sound Machine. But that wasn't the best little nugget I found - oh no! The whole album that contains this little ditty was in the mix.
That's not the cool part (as if you didn't already know that.) I found a couple of mix tapes that should be interesting to listen to, including a copy of a weekly show I did for my college radio station back from 1993. I tried playing it in my tired old stereo and may have fucked up a little bit of it, but I am going to see if Taffy can help me out with making a digital copy of the cassette (she has the stuff needed to do it.) and may put part of it on a future episode. Oh, and I also have a mixtape from my first boyfriend, and a tape that Rodan, two friends of mine and myself listened to on the way to Gay Days back in 1995.

Help me, Taffy Carlisle Huffington...you're my only hope....

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Holy flashbacks, Batman! I feel my mullet growing back with every note. And by mullet, I mean my sad attempt at a mullet that ended up curling up like a Carol Brady pixie cut. There are no photos, thank God...

Unknown said...

Vixen!?!

Christ on a cracker!

I am going to get some coffee and bars now.

Pat Gaik said...

Oh shit yeah...

EconBlonde said...

Omg. I had those white boots.

brothercasey said...

Wow, I have not heard Vixen in a long time! The ladies remind me of SheRa!! For the honor of Greyskull!!!