Saturday, April 12, 2008

Ok, So Yay for Finding A Good Deal.

So, today I was at the Best Buy with the Cuban (more on THAT one on the next show....yep, there's news there.) And looking to spend a little money, I came across a couple of things that I wanted. First of all, I got Bully for the PS2. I talked about this on http://www.dialhforhomo.com/, and while it is not the Wii or PS3 version that Michael and Eric have (or do you both have Wii versions...) I am looking forward to playing along.

Anywho, the thing I am most pleased as punch about is the iPod dock I found. Now, they may have these at the Best Buy close to you, and if they do, go get one. I got this Insignia iTravel Boombox with FM Tuner. I have been looking to get a player of some sort for a while now, and while I would love the Bose one, 300 bucks is a LOT of money. I am finding more and more I like listening to podcasts before I go to sleep, and unfortunately, that sometimes ends with me waking up in the middle of the night with my earbud pressed against my eardrum. Not hot.


Anyway, this boombox was normally priced at 69.95, but it was marked as clearence as 25.99. Not bad, so I had the little cubby employee get up on the ladder (yeah, I know it sucked for me), and grab one off the shelf. I wander around for a bit, go up to the register, and have the casheir scan it for me.


Oh, no, it's not $25.99.


It's half off.


I got it for $13.00.

Woo hoo! So, I bring it home, figuring that it will sound like shit. It doesn't! It has a really nice sound to it. So, if you get a chance, and are looking for a boombox for the iPod (Orlando trip, anyone?) grab your iTravel.

Oh, and PiMC is going green! I got some of those fancy shancy coil lightbulbs today. and am slowly trading out the lightbulbs I use the most! Thrilling, I know! :)

3 comments:

Walt said...

I'm such a lemming. Because of this post, I just ran to Best Buy. Didn't buy the same thing as you (even though that was my intention), but I got something I've been wanting. Thanks for pouring a nice,tall glass of Kool Aid for me.

Rebel Yankee said...

ooh. Now I want one.
(oh, and my Bully? Xbox360).

Thom Takes On The World said...

Hi,

I bought some of those twirly light bulbs but I found that it caused me to have migraines. Once I switched back to my normal bulbs, I was fine again. So much for going green for me.

Your Nashville Friend,

Thom