Monday, March 3, 2008

Ok, So Rodan May Get A Second Chance At One His All Time Favorite Movies.....

Pasted from Newsarama's blog:

Although it probably should be taken with a spoonful of salt, this gossipy item may be worth noting because it’s the first time in probably five years I’ve seen mention of a Supergirl movie as still being in play.

In short — and you can’t get much shorter than the four-paragraph brief — actress Mischa Barton, of The O.C. fame, apparently passed up a role on The CW’s Gossip Girls because she wants to play Supergirl “in the new comic movie.”

Aside from speculation sparked by the character’s appearance on Smallville – and that always seemed geared toward a spin-off TV series — the last talk of a Supergirl movie may have been back in 2002, when FilmJerk.com reported Akiva Goldsman was developing the project for Warner Bros. (Has there been a more recent mention that I’ve missed?)

I may be off-base, but I linked this in my mind to The New York Times article about the Justice League of America movie — particularly the bit about Warner Bros. viewing the project as “crucial to broadening the studio’s rewards from its subsidiary DC Comics.” Perhaps Warner Bros. sees more than a launching pad for spin-offs starring The Flash, Wonder Woman and Green Lantern. Maybe the plan is for Justice League to serve as a hub for even more DC Comics-based movies, such as Supergirl.

(Hey, if Marvel can offer up Ant-Man and Deathlok, DC should get another crack at the Maid of Might.)

Or maybe there’s nothing to the item at all, and I’m just spinning my wheels

1 comment:

Walt said...

That first movie was such shit, but naturally I own it on dvd. It's so bad, but I love it anyway.